Marriage is one of the most special moments for many couples. The preparations, the illusions, the party and a ‘new beginning’ in the relationship may be some of the aspects that most excite many. But, what would happen if after everything was done, one of the involved does not show up, not because of doubts or lack of love, just because she has to work?
This is the case of Mohamed Buya, a 27-year-old footballer born in Sierra Leonewho was called up by his team just before his wedding.
(Also read: After their honeymoon, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez separate because of their relationship)
🌟🐐🦁🇸🇱 I married my sweetheart, wife and my Best friend today!!! What an amazing human being!!! And what a blessing!!! Mrs SBT💞💍 Suad Baydoun
I can’t wait to enjoy life with you together soboti 😃🤦🏾♂️. pic.twitter.com/nEw4siV0QF
– Mohamed Buya Turay 🇸🇱 (@turay_buya) July 31, 2022
The religious ceremony was scheduled for July 21, once his contract with Henan Songshan Longmen of the Chinese Super League ended. Nevertheless, Malmö FF was interested in him and required him, earlier than planned, to join and participate in the qualifying rounds for the Europa League.
(Also: Yeferson Cossio talks about his depression: “I don’t want anything or be with anyone”)
His wife, then girlfriend, would be ‘planted’ at the altar. However, the soccer player came up with something so as not to cancel the religious ceremony: send her brother to marry her.
So it was, the ceremony took place and Buya was able to be with his team to be presented on July 22. Now, the footballer hopes to take his wife to Sweden to be together and spend their honeymoon.
In the Catholic Church marriage can be contracted with one of the absent boyfriends
In the Catholic Church it is possible to get married if one of the couple is not present through a solicitor.
According to Canon Law, in its canon 1104, “to validly contract marriage it is necessary that both contracting parties be present in the same place, either in person or through a proxy”.
(You may be interested: Journalist suffered an accident live and lost a tooth: video)
Among the requirements for the marriage to be valid by proxy is required:
– “That a special mandate has been given to contract with a specific person;
– That the solicitor has been appointed by the principal, and personally performs that function.
– For the validity of the mandate, it is required that it be signed by the principal and, in addition, by the parish priest or the Ordinary of the place where the mandate is given, or by a priest delegated by one of them, or by at least two witnesses; or it must be done through an authentic document under civil law.
– If the principal cannot write, this circumstance must be stated in the mandate, and another witness will be added, who must also sign the document; otherwise, the command is null.
– If the principal, before the attorney has contracted on his behalf, revokes the mandate or falls in court, the marriage is invalid, even if the attorney or the other contracting party ignore it.